Thanks to the leading brands like Apple, Google and Amazon, customer expectations are touching sky heights. Today, customers are more empowered and demand personalized relevant and real-time communications. This is where the CCM software comes into the picture. It has the capability to overcome all the blues of delivering high quality, relevant and interactive communications.
You might be thinking what CCM software is? Is it one of the other acronyms in the technology field? Or is it any other buzzword that will transform the entire industry? Do you have the requirement for it? If yes, then how were you surviving without it? All these questions might leave you scratching your head. So, before getting into further details let me explain you what exactly CCM software does and how it can be beneficial to any customer facing industry.
CCM software is a strategy and a set of applications that help in the improvement of aspects like delivery, creation, retrieval and storage of interactive and outbound communications. This software supports the production of customized messages for different types of customers, introduction of new products and transaction documents.
The CCM software can also be used for composing, personalizing, formatting and delivering the acquired content into relevant physical and electronic communications between organizations and its customers, business partners and for setting up long term relationships with prospective customers.
It is this software that ensures the timely delivery of targeted communications through various media like email, SMS, mobile, content on the web pages, social media and printed materials. Therefore, the CCM market now is a result of the convergence of document generation, structuring management of various output technologies. Any good CCM solution would ideally include core elements of design tool, composition engine, a workflow engine and management of multiple output channels.
Some of the key components that set aside noteworthy CCM software would definitely be that of innovation and the stress on emerging technologies like:
- Inclusion of various ‘customer engagement features’ in terms of mobility.
- The capability to contextualize and personalize customer communications.
- Analysis of customer behaviors and search capabilities for improving customer experience.
- Development of dynamic design, content composition by using the contextual data.
- The flexibility to integrate with existing legacy systems and other digital experience technologies.
Therefore, ideal CCM software should include the following:
- Capability to leverage data analytics in CCM– The software should have the ability to process and access data from multiple sources and employ a robust logic to derive valuable insights and get ahead of customer requirements, serve the right amount of personalization to communications, at the right time. These would essentially be based upon previous customer interactions in similar journeys.
- Customer journey mapping – With the above capability businesses can automate communications for a more expedient, smooth and, self-serviced customer journeys. Organizations are becoming more and more mature in the CCM space and this aspect itself is leading to the fact that they are now thinking of CCM in terms of customer experience and not just maintaining operational efficiencies.
- Capable of collaboration– Though the meaning of collaboration differs a lot- but CCM software having the capability to collaborate would mean that organizations would be able to function differently. This capability would ensure cross-departmental collaboration aiming at a single outcome and a sea change in the realm of processes, people, real-time interaction and dynamic communications. Few of the leading brands have been struggling to find the right methodology for collaboration and CCM software having these kinds of capabilities might just be the right fit.
- Develop and disseminate content – An ideal CCM software should be able to deliver highly personalized digital experience that would facilitate both content development and its’ dissemination with ease, efficiency and equal emphasis. It should be able to visualize, create, manage and present content across the organization, quickly understand the concepts of open standards, open APIs, cloud-based micro-services etc.
Thus, CCM software should ideally be able to help organizations provide a delightful customer experience. This would help brands in improving customer retention and enhancing service, while maximizing ROI and reducing cost of operations.
With FCI (customer communication management company), organizations can constantly innovate and deliver omni-channel customer communications. Click here for a quick demo https://fci-ccm.com/request-a-demo.php
Please provide feedback and suggestions in the comments section below!