The communication landscape has created a vast number of opportunities for organizations to grow and reap benefits out of their existing technologies. Organizations have started reviving their existing strategies for delivering smarter and futuristic communications. To reduce cost, eliminate operational silos and create smooth processes, it becomes quintessential for organizations to migrate to a holistic CCM software or a Customer Communication Management platform that empowers the entire customer journey.
A CCM software is a planned strategy that enables organizations to design, manage & deliver all outbound communications – across multiple channels. A future-proof customer communication strategy allows an organization to deliver exceptional, continuous and connected communications and gain real-time insights into customer behaviour.
Years ago, CCM software was established as a transactional print-based technology. Organizations today are focusing more on customer-centricity and CCM acts as a centralized hub to manage and deliver interactive communications based on interactions. Initially, the concept of CCM software was more inclined towards the utilization of transactional documents. The radical shift into operational flexibility as more organizations develop CCM solutions is the proof of the fact that how the CCM industry has evolved over the years. But extensive CCM migration from a legacy setup involves many challenges. Reaching to a degree of customization in CCM solution allows organizations to tailor the solution as per their specific needs and personal context.
Successful migration to a single end-to-end customer communications management software involves following steps:
- Analysing Processes– Defining the entire migration strategy to identify the opportunities for improving efficiency is crucial for businesses. By analyzing the existing system, data, processes, and setup requirements, organizations get a fair chance to evaluate the use of the solution to be deployed. This helps them in preparing themselves for any contingency and to act wisely before the migration takes place. The services team can then review documents, business logic, code structure, etc., to understand as to what can be optimized, and leveraged during the migration phase.
- Creating Strategy– Based on the analysis, organizations can clearly define their objectives and align their goals to a strategy that syncs with the needs of their business. Hence, it becomes easy for businesses to identify the area that requires change, and accordingly introduce capabilities and functionalities. This process will help them in clearly optimizing time, reducing cost and maximizing returns.
- Fragmenting Documents– The next phase includes the fragmentation of documents into small pieces. These pieces are a combination of components and reusable assets which includes business logic, content, logo and other relevant details that create a detailed roadmap for organizations. This further helps them in understanding how each document is assembled, right down to font styles and formatting.
- Assembling New Templates- After leveraging the detailed roadmap, it becomes important for organizations to assemble new templates based on the defined specifications. Later, the new templates are integrated into the systems and tested closely to see if any necessary changes are required.
- Running a Pilot Project- Implementation of the CCM software should begin with a quick to manage the pilot project. The prototype can be tested with different scenarios and cases to understand the best combination under which the CCM software can deliver great results. Further, the baseline test can be designed which involves CCM processes and manageable data combinations. These can be immediately tested for maintaining data accuracy against similar process in the legacy-based setup. Thus, organizations can keep on testing every release and continue with their implementation process.
FCI, a customer communication management company simplifies the migration from a legacy system to modernized CCM software. Thus, empowering organizations to deliver an omni-channel experience with the help of interactive and dynamic customer communications.
If you are still thinking on how to migrate to a Customer Communication Management software, visit https://fci-ccm.com/request-a-demo.php for a quick consultation.
We would love to hear from you. Please share the feedbacks and suggestions in the comments section below!